Military Locker Block - Dept. of Defence Changing Facilities

MCM0618CB007.jpg

The project is within the walls of Cathal Brugha Barracks in Rathmines, Dublin – formerly Portobello Barracks, constructed between 1810 and 1815. The Storage Building was commissioned by the army the following year to provide locker and shower facilities for men and women working in the barracks; separate entrances and facilities had to be provided within an original block with an additional entrance and storage block constructed to the rere within one of the narrower streets of the double loaded courtyard.